Monday 7 April 2014

REVIEW: The NYX Butter Gloss



I've heard SO MANY good things about these glosses that I had to try some. I bought 3 shades that I thought will suit me the most in which they are - BLG 01 STRAWBERRY PARFAIT, BLG 02 ECLAIR and BLG 08 APPLE STRUDEL.

There are 12 shades in all in this range for the price of £5 each which I think it's a really good price for people with a budget. 

These things couldn't have been named better. When you're applying them on your lips they feel so soft - like you're spreading melted butter all over them. Also, how can one forget their sweet and delicious smell and taste - as a sugar cookie. They do make your lips look shiny hence the name - Butter GLOSS. Moreover these are not super sticky, one can get away with them without feeling scared that their lips might get sealed together, like some glosses do. 

Now to the downside of the product. Personally I am not a fan of glosses and these are not the best glosses out there, but they are not so bad. When first swatched on the back of my hands in the store I thought that they might look nice on the lips and that they will not turn up as sheer as other glosses do, but I thought wrong. Although I think that I bought a variety of colors - a light pink, a strong pink and an orange-y one, they all look the same on the lips which is frustrating. In fact I tried to take some pictures of them on my lips but I don't even know which one is the right shade. Other than that if you are the kind of person that does not like perfumed make up on your face then these are not for you because they do have a strong sweet-y scent (for me this doesn't bother me, because I am a sucker for sweet scented things but for someone with a sensitive smell might). Another thing, like other branded glosses, these do not stay for a long time (for an hour and a half maximum?!) because they are super glossy and even when you speak you are taking away all the "colour" that they have. 

When I saw that they all have the same colour effect on my lips, I decided to wear them over a lipstick for a creamy and shiny effect - especially if wearing a matte lipstick. They don't change the colour of the lipstick you're wearing but they just make your lips look better with them on top of your lipstick. I hate it when buying make up or fashion items and then don't end up wearing them because I don't like them anymore, but this time I can work my way around them - which I do like.  

Here are some swatches of them together with the lipsticks I chose to wear them with:

♥ NYX Butter Gloss in BLG 01 STRAWBERRY PARFAIT together with 
Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter in 075 LOLLIPOP 



♥ NYX Butter Gloss in BLG 01 STRAWBERRY PARFAIT together with 
Essence in 53 ALL ABOUT CUPCAKE 




♥ NYX Butter Gloss in BLG 08 APPLE STRUDEL together with 
BeYu Star Lipstick in 09 



From left to right: All about cupcake, Eclair, Lollipop, Strawberry Parfait, 09, Apple Strudel
So out of 10, I give these glosses a 6, just because I'm not that keen on them and I am much more of a matte lipstick person. As said before - yes they are like butter on the lips, and yes they aren't that sticky and yes they smell delicious, and let's face it with just £5 you can't really go wrong with these, but what's the purpose of putting something on your lips with no colour, just super shiny?! This is just my opinion. I know that a lot of you guys love  these so much, and I did want them to work out for me, but they didn't. 

What's your opinion? Do you love/not so much these butter glosses? Do you own any shades?

Comment down below (if you feel like it). 

Stay Beautiful, 
Belle xxx



7 comments:

  1. I haven't tried this before, it was good to read your opinion :) x
    http://catchingdreamsblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! First of all thankyou for your time to read and post on my blog - I appreciate a lot.
      Secondly, about these little ones - I like them, I just don't love them. I mean they are good, - perfect for people who like glossy and sheer lips.

      Belle xxx

      Delete
  2. I love these glosses! x

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try one of these!! I love the peachy one, such a perfect colour for spring X

    istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's actually my favorite, although as already said in the post I like to wear it on top of an orange-y lipstick - Great Combination!

      Thanks for commenting.

      Belle xxx

      Delete
  4. Some great combos here :-)

    Helen x

    www.pinkpolkadotandpopcorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Thanks for your time to post and read.

      Belle xx

      Delete