Saturday 18 January 2014

The 2013 Beauty Awards.

Hello my beautiful ladies (and gentlemen?),

FINALLY IT IS HERE! But better late than never huh?
It was pretty difficult for me to choose the best of my collection because I tend to stick with a look for a pretty long time and every now and then I change some bits and pieces depending on the season. So here are the products that take the awards for the Year 2013


Who have not yet raved about this foundation? Personally, this foundation is the best drugstore foundation that one can buy. It is a full coverage foundation, stay for a long time, it is not cakey and definitely makes your face glow. I purchased this foundation twice this year and as you can see I need another one. Definitely recommend this if you're just starting your make up collection.  

This concealer is amazing for under the eyes and as written on the bottle, it gives that natural glow and makes your eyes pop out more. And as you can see I give this concealer a large amount of love. I don't personally use it on spots because of the glow it gives, instead of covering them it makes them show more. For the spots I usually use the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach


I was introduced to this MAGNIFICENT powder by the one and only Tanya Burr. It is the most amazing powder that I've ever used. All you need is a teeny tiny little bit on your brush and you're good to go. I carry this little one everywhere, and when I say everywhere I mean everywhere. Because I have normal to oily combination skin (at least that's what I think haha), I have to reapply it throughout the day and it literally saves my life. 

I don't always use this Bronzer/Contouring kit because I like to change it depending on how much bronzed I want to be. I usually use this in Summer and when I'm travelling or on holiday because it is a two in one although the highlighter does not cherish much love. This bronzer is highly pigmented - only need a little on your brush or you'll end up with mud on your face. 

Stila is one of my top favorite high-end brand and this blush color is amazing. It gives you that nice, sweet look. All you need is a tiny little bit on your brush and Boom! you have the perfect cheeks. It was worth the money and I'm planning to get the other two shades in Bronze and Coral. Also it is perfect for all the seasons but I mostly like to wear it in Spring and Summer, although you can just put a little bit in Winter and it looks like you have been in the cold outside for an hour. 

These Maybelline gel-cream eye-shadows are like heaven stuffed in a small pot. This made my life much more easier than it was - I just wake up in the morning put my ring finger in the little pot and smudge it on my eye lid and Ta-da you are done! I own three colors of them, this one, Eternal Gold (-which I don't recommend because it's a disgusting yellow color) and Pink Gold which is a nice pinky shade. I used the bronze one pretty much everyday since I got it and I think that I might hit the pan very soon!

I have the worst lashes ever - when not wearing any eye lashes I feel like that everyone's judging me and asking if I have lashes or not! But this mascara saved my life - LITERALLY! It doesn't smudge, it stays there, and it gives a magnificent length and it's not bad with volume neither. 
But this mascara has a little story behind. - At the beginning of last year I was using the Rimmel London Lash Accelerator Mascara in Extreme Black (very similar name to the one I'm using now) and I loved it so much, you can't imagine how. After two months being used, it got dry and needed to buy a new one and bought this one right here by accident and when it arrived I hated it A LOT! Three months later I found it at the bottom of my drawer and gave it another chance and started to loving it and not it is officially my favorite Rimmel mascara. 

I know! I know! I am cheating but it's hard to pick just one lipstick for the whole year. I change my lipsticks almost everyday but mostly I like to use the Kate Moss lipstick in Winter/Autumn and the Apocalips one in Spring/summer. They both last for ages on the lips - I only touch them up once in a whole day. The 107 one, since it is matte it sometimes leaves my lips very dry so make sure that before you apply it you moisturize your lips with a nice lip balm of your choice.


As you can see I don't have a favorite eye liner - this is because I never use eyeliner as a pencil or as a liquid. I rather tend to smudge some of the eyeshadow on the lower lash line or use a black/dark brown eyeshadow or using nothing at all. I don't know I do this but I like it much more because it creates a much cleaner and soft look.

So that's all for today's post. Looking back at it, it looks like I'm a Rimmel London Fan! haha. It is true though, I think it's my favorite drugstore brand. They own so many nice products. 

Which products were in your 2013 make up awards? Comment them in the section below and also if you would like to, you can leave me the link to the post (if have any) of your best 2013 make up products. I would love to read it. 

Stay Beautiful 
Belle xxx

2 comments:

  1. I love some of your favourite products, ive had a mini rave about the maybelline colour tatoos, and i love the rimmel kate moss and apocolips.. I think highstreet shops do some very quality stuff :)

    If you follow me ill follow you back :)
    www.lipsiie3.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much :) I completely agree with you although I love my high-end beauty/skincare products, I always think that "You get what you pay" so.

      Thanks for commenting
      Stay Beautiful
      Belle xxx

      Delete